Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sick of me yet?

I know, I know, it's summer vacation!  But as I said before, I will continue to post to this blog in hopes that I can give you some fun learning activities for the summer (and more pictures to come from the school year!).

I found a great article for parents at Imagination Soup about summer learning: Click here.
I love their suggestion of setting up a daily schedule for your child, that includes some reading & learning activities as well as free play time.  Don't forget to put some math activities in there too! :)


If you are looking for literacy activities, The Florida Center for Reading Research has all of their curriculum online, including center-based activities.  I encourage you to explore these and print a few.
For example, the first lesson of this unit would be great for our entering first graders to practice decoding new words by sound:  Click here.


Here are some sites for printable math games:
 Kindergarten Math Activities
Kelly's Kindergarten

Did you see your child's math journal?
This was a new routine that I tried this year and ended up LOVING it!  What a great record of your child's learning.  3 times a week you might give your child an activity to do in their math journal over the summer.  Look through it to get some ideas, but you can also find some ideas using the following links:
*download the free 25 at the bottom


Happy summer fun and learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment