Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Party

I hope your valentines and mailboxes are coming along well! :)  I can't wait to see them!

On Friday, we will celebrate Valentine's Day.  So I am calling all volunteers!  I can use family volunteers from 12:30 pm through the end of the day.  If you are able to come in, send me a note! :)
Also, I thought it might be fun to decorate heart-shaped cookies.  Is there any generous family out there willing to make them for the class on Friday?  Let me know!

Last week, we looked more at Mo Willems' work.  We noticed that he uses two types of "bubbles"... speech bubbles and thought bubbles.  So, we did some directed drawing with Mo's beloved character the Pigeon.  We added a thought bubble to show what the pigeon might think about driving next in Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.  Here are some of my favorites:
Garbage Truck

Tractor

Ice Cream Truck

Scooter

Mail Truck

Motorcycle


What great thinking beyond the text! :)

Here are some videos of other books we read together.  Watch them at home together!



No comments:

Post a Comment