Sunday, February 24, 2013

For your Information

I came across this picture and story.  I am not sure how much reliability it has, but knowing that many children do drink these for lunch, etc., I thought it worthwhile to share with you.
Apparently a mother gave this to her child, who spit it out.  She opened the package up to find this.  There was nothing on the outside of the package to indicate anything wrong nor was it past the expiration date.  With this type of juice box, you can not see the contents (as with some others).  This might be something to consider and take it for what you will.

In my opinion, juice is something your child should be drinking on a limited basis anyways.  Juice can often have high amounts of sugar and is not a great choice for your child's dental health.  Your child is much better off eating a piece of fruit.  I would also make sure that if your child is drinking juice, it is 100% juice (often something Capri Sun is not).  As for lunch time, consider water or milk as more healthy options.  Your child can also buy milk from school (I believe for 40 cents) - but I would discuss the choice of regular white milk over chocolate milk (again containing high sugars) with your child.

Ok, I will get off my soap box now :)  I hope everyone had a restful and enjoyable break, and we will see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment