Thursday, November 14, 2013

NO Bagel Sales Tomorrow!

There will be NO bagel sales tomorrow morning.  Please make another plan for breakfast.


Some notes on Behavior:

It is that point in the school year where Kindergarten students get comfortable with routine.  I have noticed that we have been a bit "squirmy" lately, which is a part of this process.  This is also the point in the year where I begin to expect more self-regulation of behavior, as the students are familiar with the expectations.  If you haven't already figured it out, I have a high expectation for my students :)


We will be using the behavior system to support the kiddos in this process.  Whereas before I may have given a verbal reminder first,  I will more often have students change their color without a warning.  This will happen with on-going issues that we have discussed before.  This quick change reminds your child of the expectation, without needing an explanation, and it makes your child more responsible and independent.  If your child fixes the behavior, he or she will move back up.  However, if the issue continues in the day, he/she will stay put.

Similarly, if I speak with a student about it first (give a reminder) and he or she continues the behavior, there will be a color change.

This system is a tool, both for me and the students.  If your child is on yellow for the day, it's ok!  Simply talk about how he or she can do better and turn it into a learning experience.


So, if you see more yellows coming home than normal, this is why.  Please continue to contact me with questions and concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment